Sign in to follow this  
halfmanhalfbronco

Schmedding named DC.

At Eastern - Schmedding's teams were always upper echelon of the Big Sky.  Finished #4, #21, and #2 in FCS the last 3 years.  

The Clemson dude has good references...

Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney 
"Zac's one of the brightest young coaches we've had come through here. He literally could run our whole defense. Could coach any position. Bryan (Harsin) had called me and I recommended him, and Zac went out and won the interview. It's exciting to see him get that opportunity to go out there and be a part of a big time winning program like Boise State."

Clemson Defensive Coordinator Brent Venables 
"Boise State just got better. Zac's a winner. He's mature beyond his years and wise beyond his years. This is a very unique opportunity for Zac and his career. He'll make the Boise State coaching staff and players and their fans, he'll make them proud. Zac will add to the value of their culture and their brand, which is as good as there is in college football. He'll bring some of what's he's learned (at Clemson) with him, and continue to build upon what they've already established there."

• Like 1

Holy shet, our defense just got better. Im serious, those two guys are gonna help our defense immensely. 

I have always feared losing and replacing Avalos, but we are actually better off. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That is some high praise.

This part was my favorite...

3 hours ago, bronco355 said:

Zac will add to the value of their culture and their brand, which is as good as there is in college football. 

• Like 1

Shows the national powerhouse brand BSU has grown into over the years.Winning 10 plus games consistently isn't easy regardless of conference.BSU fans have gotten spoiled

I really like Danielson.  Getting the co-defensive coordinator title just makes me believe they are grooming him for better things.

• Like 1

MEH! Very underwhelming.

We lost the best coach on the team. No way we just got better. Every year I hope some team will try to take Harsin off our hands, but he hasn't had any legit offers elsewhere as far as we know. Says a lot-- you average 10 wins a year, yet the team has truly underperformed.

• Confused 2

spot50b what's the goal then national championships and 90 percent winning percentage instead of 10 plus wins and 80 percent winning percentage?

Edited by bronco355

On 3/20/2019 at 2:53 AM, bronco355 said:

spot50b what's the goal then national championships and 90 percent winning percentage instead of 10 plus wins and 80 percent winning percentage?

The goal is to be the best team in the conference and be good enough to complete with any team in the country.  We have the talent and resources to be much better than this. Harsin is an average coach who is holding us back.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 1:55 AM, bronco355 said:

the guy is 53-14 in 5 years give your head a shake spot 50b

Which is a decline in the overall winning percentage of BSU football.

It is by definition not as good.