Sign in to follow this  
halfmanhalfbronco

Allie OHHHHHHH 3 TIME NATIONAL CHAMP.

So proud.  Wow.  

If she can win a XC title next year and win a 4th steeple she will go down as the greatest Bronco athlete of all time IMHO. 

• Like 1

Just waking up in NW Spain and getting the news. I was pretty confident. Looks like the heat gave no chance of recovery for the 5,000m. 

I’d like to see Allie race one of those cool evening Euro races and knock 10 seconds off. 

Posted (edited)

More Allie news:

Allie is entered in the steeplechase at the Prefontaine Classic on Saturday.  This is a Diamond League Meet with the world record holder, other sub-9 racers, and the top Americans.  I'm hoping Allie shatters her PR (which I think is likely). She is going to be talked about this week:

https://www.flotrack.org/articles/6519458-eight-2019-ncaa-stars-taking-their-talents-to-the-pre-classic

Also, I saw that Allie has been selected for the USA team in the Pan American Games in Peru this August.  No confirmation she will race there, but she is listed on the team of two steeplers:

http://www.usatf.org/News/USATF-announces-2019-Pan-Am-Games-roster.aspx

Edited by grandjean87
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

More Allie news:

Allie is entered in the steeplechase at the Prefontaine Classic on Saturday.  This is a Diamond League Meet with the world record holder, other sub-9 racers, and the top Americans.  I'm hoping Allie shatters her PR (which I think is likely). She is going to be talked about this week:

https://www.flotrack.org/articles/6519458-eight-2019-ncaa-stars-taking-their-talents-to-the-pre-classic

Also, I saw that Allie has been selected for the USA team in the Pan American Games in Peru this August.  No confirmation she will race there, but she is listed on the team of two steeplers:

http://www.usatf.org/News/USATF-announces-2019-Pan-Am-Games-roster.aspx

Looks like it will be the first steeplechase that she doesn't win. Beatrice Chepkoech is the world record holder at nearly a minute faster than Allie's PR.  You never know though.  If the pace starts out slow, it could be anyone's race.

Women’s 3000m Steeplechase Personal Best
Beatrice Chepkoech (Kenya) 8:44.32 WR  
Celliphine Chepteek Chespol (Kenya) 8:58.78  
Norah Jeruto (Kenya) 8:59.62  
Hyvin Kiyeng (Kenya) 9:00.01  
Courtney Frerichs (USA) 9:00.85  
Emma Coburn (USA) 9:02.58  
Peruth Chemutai (Uganda) 9:07.94  
Colleen Quigley (USA) 9:10.27  
Daisy Jepkemei (Kenya) 9:10.71  
Winfred Mutile Yavi (Bahrain) 9:10.74  
Gesa-Felicitas Krause (Germany) 9:11.85  
*Caroline Tuigong (Kenya) 9:28.81  
Allie Ostrander (USA) 9:37.73  
Xu Shuangshuang (China) 9:47.42   
* = pacer  

Posted (edited)

Yeh. This one is not for the win. I think Allie will be in the 9:20s.  Awesome if it’s the low 20s. Honestly, I don’t know what she is capable of in a fast field.  But, as a freshman she did beat America record holder Courtney Frerichs in X-C. 

Edited by grandjean87

I was in the car and missed it, but she ran a PR of 9:31 and finished 13th out of 16 (almost all professional) runners.

Posted (edited)

It looks like that was Allie's last race as a Bronco per her Instagram post.  I was hoping she might stick around for fall X-C and a run at an individual and maybe team title.

Edited by grandjean87
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 10:05 AM, grandjean87 said:

It looks like that was Allie's last race as a Bronco per her Instagram post.  I was hoping she might stick around for fall X-C and a run at an individual and maybe team title.

I think the time is right, she has nothing left to do in College. 

Posted (edited)

I guess she didn't want to be part of Nike's PED-infused training team in Eugene.

I love Brooks. Great choice for her after being forced to wear Nike garbage the last few years.  

Boise High's NIck Symmonds used to run for Brooks as well.

Edited by bsu_alum9
  • Like 1