Sign in to follow this  
kingpotato

Great sign for Chase Cord

I've been saying since it happened that Chase would be ready to go well before fall ball. Well, he played in Boise State's charity softball game. He took an at bat and ran out a grounder. Since they had him running in a meaningless softball game, I think it's safe to say rehab has gone well and he'll be ready. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Williamhicks said:

Yeah, pretty sure that he's ready and will be the starter. I just hope that we don't lose Hank. 

It'll be interesting. Luckily he can get some playing time this year, not lose a year of eligibility, and get another legit shot at winning the job next year. With Chase being a mobile QB, hopefully he sees the real possibility of getting onto the field even if he loses that battle. It seems unlikely that Chase could go 4 years without injuries. 

4 hours ago, Williamhicks said:

Yeah, pretty sure that he's ready and will be the starter. I just hope that we don't lose Hank. 

Hank’s not the one we lose.  

20 hours ago, kingpotato said:

It'll be interesting. Luckily he can get some playing time this year, not lose a year of eligibility, and get another legit shot at winning the job next year. With Chase being a mobile QB, hopefully he sees the real possibility of getting onto the field even if he loses that battle. It seems unlikely that Chase could go 4 years without injuries. 

All Chase did last year was run for touchdowns. Our offense needs that sneaky angle. 

21 hours ago, kingpotato said:

It seems unlikely that Chase could go 4 years without injuries. 

I keep forgetting he’s basically still a R-Freshman this year. That injury redshirt year puts him and Riley Smith and the walk-on QB Zach Matlock all in the same class. 

I think they will all be here for the start of 2019, but would’t be surprised if one or two of the Quarterbacks leave after 4 games in order to be eligible to play somewhere in 2020.

On 6/26/2019 at 7:29 PM, Williamhicks said:

All Chase did last year was run for touchdowns. Our offense needs that sneaky angle. 

If Boise St wants a balanced QB, then Cord is a good answer.  The problem with Cozart was that he wasn't the best passer.  As long as Cord plays with Hedrick's style, provided he is allowed to, then I think Cord can be special. 

2 hours ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

If Boise St wants a balanced QB, then Cord is a good answer.  The problem with Cozart was that he wasn't the best passer.  As long as Cord plays with Hedrick's style, provided he is allowed to, then I think Cord can be special. 

Yep, but what do we do with Hank? 

Im sure he knows not to piss off any balconies.  

Hank will RS if Cord wins the job and has a successful season.  He would be in line to start at Qb for his final two years.  Maybe that’s not enough for Hank and he transfers, but probably only if he gets passed as a #2 guy. 

8 hours ago, Williamhicks said:

Yep, but what do we do with Hank? 

Im sure he knows not to piss off any balconies.  

Heh, The sad part is that Southwick was a pretty decent QB, he just got saddled with OC Robert Prince.  Also Coach Pete was complicit because he hired Prince, and agreed to implement the Pistol offense, which was utter garbage.