Sign in to follow this  
Williamhicks

Kendal Briles is probably stressed out

Kendal Briles is the son of disgraced ex Baylor coach Art Briles. I feel bad for Kendal, not for all the shet that his Dad got him into at Baylor. I feel bad for him right now as he is charged with taking last year's 124th ranked offense in CFB and trying to get it ready for Boise State in a key well televised matchup to start the season. Last year, the wheels fell off for Florida State. And a lot of blame went around. But the achilles heel for FSU was it's lack of an offensive line. Offensive Tackle Landon Dickerson got hurt and then the dominoes began to fall for the entire offensive line. The QB had almost zero protection and Florida State experienced it's worst season in 40 years. 

So, Briles has a good QB in Blackman. He also has some talented and explosive WR's, and a new oline of juco's, grad transfers. And now he is sitting down a looking at game tape of what we have coming back on defense and is probably shitting in his pants. We have a talented and experienced defense.  I imagine that Briles is watching both BSU Defensive gametapes to see tendencies of our many returning players and also watching EWU game tape to get an idea of what our new DC will be doing with all of our returning defensive talent. 

Florida State's Offensive line will not be ready for this game. Our Secondary must be ready to cover the desperation big play attempts as their QB scrambles for his life. 

I have no idea who our QB will be, but I have BSU winning this game 38-24. 

This definitely seems like a good time to play FSU especially if our team progresses this summer and in Fall camp. 

This is actually one of my bigger concerns going into the game. Briles has been highly productive at every place he's been, including making the Boise State defense look silly in a bowl game. Three of the last four jobs were his first season as an OC at that school. So he's had quick results where he's been. To be honest, if it weren't for Briles coming in, I'd feel pretty good about this game. Right now, I'm not feeling good about it. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

This is actually one of my bigger concerns going into the game. Briles has been highly productive at every place he's been, including making the Boise State defense look silly in a bowl game. Three of the last four jobs were his first season as an OC at that school. So he's had quick results where he's been. To be honest, if it weren't for Briles coming in, I'd feel pretty good about this game. Right now, I'm not feeling good about it. 

Yeah, this is kind of how I feel. Their O-Line was garbage last year, but they have athletes all over the place if the line gets shored up. They’ve consistently been one of the top teams in recruiting, so it is hard to see them completely falling off. Plus their defense looks good enough to cause our new QB and RB fits.

Right now I’m feeling a 14-10 type of game.

• Like 1

Kendal Briles as OC

2015 Baylor (48.1 ppg, #1 in country)

2016 Baylor (34.6 ppg, #35)

2017 FAU (40.6 ppg, #8)

2018 Houston (43.5 ppg, #5)

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Kendal Briles as OC

2015 Baylor (48.1 ppg, #1 in country)

2016 Baylor (34.6 ppg, #35)

2017 FAU (40.6 ppg, #8)

2018 Houston (43.5 ppg, #5)

Yeah, he's produced a top-10 scoring offense in all three places he's been his first year. Two of those top-5 with one a #1 offense. That's very worrisome. They had, and should still have, a good defense. Phil Steele has them #3 on his "Most Improved Team" list and even has them as a "Roulette Chip" (long shot) title contender..

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, he's produced a top-10 scoring offense in all three places he's been his first year. Two of those top-5 with one a #1 offense. That's very worrisome. They had, and should still have, a good defense. Phil Steele has them #3 on his "Most Improved Team" list and even has them as a "Roulette Chip" (long shot) title contender..

That Oline will not be ready for our defense. They will score some points and there will be some big plays, but our defense has too much coming back. Also, I think we just upgraded at DC. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2019 at 11:06 PM, Williamhicks said:

That Oline will not be ready for our defense. They will score some points and there will be some big plays, but our defense has too much coming back. Also, I think we just upgraded at DC. 

I expect Florida State to be much improved.  They have a lot of talent, obviously.  Our defense got manhandled by Okie State last year. We have to be able to score about 28 points to win this game.

Edited by Spot50B